Advertisers using A9/Amazon’s ClickRiver sponsored listings got an interesting letter today about increased relevance targeting which could result in lower impressions, but higher conversions for advertisers. Will be interesting to analyze the changes as they come in.
Dear Clickriver Customer,
As part of our ongoing performance improvement efforts, we are refining all of our service category targeting to provide the most relevant traffic to your ads. We will provide the same visibility on the Amazon details page while directing placements to the most highly targeted products.
These changes will increase the efficiency of your ads, so while in some cases you may experience lower impression volume, you should also observe higher CTRs (Click Through Rates) and potentially better conversions for your campaigns. More refined targeting, combined with more relevant ads, contributes to a better shopping experience, and results in higher quality traffic for your ads.
How Will This Affect My Clickriver Campaign?
· Impression volume will fluctuate as we test the best inventory for your category ads.
· Clickriver categories that are of higher value to amazon.com customers will be prioritized over less popular categories.
· Quality of Amazon traffic should result in higher CTRs overall.
· There may be some reduction in clicks as impressions are shown only on placements with the most potential traffic.
· You may see higher conversions as the traffic quality improves.
We are always interested in improving the Clickriver program for our customers. If you have questions or suggestions for please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your business and, as always, we appreciate your feedback.
The Clickriver Ads Team